29 de July de 2022
Training on vacation will help us disconnect and feel better
If you are not yet, in the next few days you will surely be able to enjoy a well-deserved vacation. A time that we need to rest, but also to practice sports, something that will help us to disconnect from daily stress.
Knowing how to disconnect is basic for our health, since it has been proven that long periods of work without rest can increase our anxiety and stress to a dangerous point. In fact, maintaining contact with the work environment outside of work disrupts rest and keeps us alert.
One of the factors that will undoubtedly help us to find this disconnection, is the practice of sports and especially running, a key physical activity. It will not only help us reduce daily stress from a psychological point of view, but also from a physiological point of view.
Psychologically, it allows us to distract ourselves and concentrate on other issues. Physiologically, with sport, endorphins are released by the brain, the pituitary, etc. Something that gives us a greater sense of well-being, decreased sensations of pain and greater “happiness”. In addition, fatigue favors rest.
Many times, on vacation, the change in routines causes us to abandon physical activity during the vacation period. Heat, travel to other places that we do not know, etc… are the most frequent arguments to justify the abandonment of the activity during these weeks.
But the attitude that each one of us takes is key to not giving up the activity, so take some of these tips:
- Run first thing in the morning or late at night.
- If you go to a beach destination or have a pool, take the opportunity to practice swimming.
- Baby plenty of water and drink an isotonic drink after the effort to compensate for the loss of electrolytes
- You can go running wherever you want, be it the mountains or the beach, don’t let laziness leave you on the couch. You just need some shoes and light clothing.
- Protect yourself from the sun to avoid consequences of continuous sun exposure.