*To participate it is mandatory to run with a chip
Day of the race: Sunday February 19th 2023. Start/Finish: Passeig Pujades.
The start will take place at 8:30h.
The distance is 21.097 kilometres.
The race is open to athletes of any nationality, federated or not. To participate it is necessary to be 16 years old on the day of the race.
Athletes under 18 years old and over 16 years old need authorisation from parents or legal guardians in order to participate in the race. Before registering, they must contact the organization: email@example.com, to request the authorization to be completed and signed by the parents or legal guardians. The organization has the right to reject the registration of a minor if he/she does not have the authorization signed by the parents or legal guardians.
Each runner participates in the eDreams Mitja Marató Barcelona under his/her own responsibility and has a sufficient level of physical condition to take part in the race. It is not allowed to participate in modalities that do not correspond to this athletics event such as skates, bicycles, handbikes and/or electric wheelchairs, among others.
The start is structured in boxes. Each box is identified with a color, and only those who have the bib distinctive color of that box, will be able to access them.
Three categories of disabled sports are established: wheelchair, visually impaired and intellectually disabled.
- Visually impaired will register online and will start from the first starting box. To qualify for the classification and award of visual impairment, it is necessary to attach a copy of the accreditation card proving the disability to firstname.lastname@example.org, after completing the online registration. The guides will run without a chip and must be properly identified, registering through email@example.com, indicating their personal data (name and surname, ID, date of birth, mobile phone and e-mail address).
-People with intellectual disabilities must register online. To qualify for the intellectual disability classification and awards, it is necessary to attach a copy of the accreditation card of the disability to firstname.lastname@example.org, after completing the online registration.
-Those participating in a wheelchair or athletics trolley category, must register online and must be at the starting line an hour before the race starts. After registering online, it is necessary to contact the organizers at email@example.com.
Prizes for wheelchair, visually impaired and intellectually disabled categories, will be awarded if a minimum of 3 athletes, male or female, has crossed the finish line. Prizes will be awarded on race day. *Please go to the podium area once the race is over, to find out the first, second and third positions.
The route is duly signposted and marked at each kilometer. Hydration stations points: kilometers 5, 10 and 15.
The maximum time to complete the race is 2h45'. The closing car of the race will be maintained proportionally to this time at km10 and km15: athletes who do not meet the maximum time required, will be eliminated.
To participate in the race it is mandatory to run with a chip. The organizers will provide each participant a single-use chip, which must be returned at the end of the race. The race bibs must be worn visible on the front of the torso throughout the race.
Participants may collect their runner's bag, race bib and T-shirt on the days indicated in the "bib number pick up" section. Failure to collect it within the established terms means the waiver of these.
After picking up the race bib at the place indicated by the organizers, the t-shirt will be collected in strict order of arrival, until the size is exhausted. The organization cannot guarantee the size due to the fact that the t-shirts are ordered and manufactured before the closing date registration.
Registration will only be valid once payment has been made. Registration will be open until Monday February 5th 2023 at 23:59h or, for security reasons, until the maximum number of 20.000 registered runners has been reached.
Registration for the eDreams Mitja Marató Barcelona is personal and non-transferable and implies acceptance of these regulations. Under no circumstances may it be transferred or sold to another person, friend or family member because of not being able to attend the day of the race. Any breach of this condition may invalidate your participation in the race and the organization reserves the right to exclude you from participation in future events.
The organizers of the eDreams Mitja Marató Barcelona will not refund the registration fee due to injury and/or illness before, after or during the race, or for any other reason unrelated to the race. Under no circumstances will the registration fee be kept for future editions.
The organisation may modify the course for reasons beyond its control and/or force majeure. Compliance with the approved circuit is subject at all times to the approved remodelling of the public roads, which may cause small last minute changes, unavoidable on the day of the race, but which will not affect the official distance.
Participants allow their name, surname, sex and date of birth to be published in the entry lists, as well as in the results, if they finish the race according to the established rules.
The organisers will have a civil liability insurance policy in accordance with current legislation. All participants will be covered by an accident insurance policy in accordance with Royal Decree 849/1993, of June 4th, which determines the minimum benefits of Compulsory Sports Insurance:
1. Medical-surgical and sanatorial assistance in accidents occurring in national territory, with no limits on expenses, and with a time limit of up to eighteen months from the date of the accident.
2. Pharmaceutical assistance in hospital, with no limit on expenses, and with a time limit of eighteen months from the date of the accident.
3. In-patient treatment for prostheses and osteosynthesis material, in its entirety, and with a time limit of eighteen months from the date of the accident.
4. The expenses incurred for rehabilitation during the period of eighteen months from the date of the accident.
5. Medical-surgical, pharmaceutical and sanatorium assistance in accidents occurring abroad, up to a limit, for all concepts, of 6.000€, and with a time limit of up to eighteen months from the date of the accident. This benefit is compatible with compensation for anatomical or functional losses caused by a sports accident, which are granted at the end of the treatment.
6. Compensation for anatomical or functional losses due to a sports accident, with a minimum, for major invalids (tetraplegia), of 12.020,24€.
7. Assistance in the event of death, when this occurs as a consequence of a sporting accident, for an amount of no less than 6.010,12€.
8. Assistance in the event of death, when this occurs in the practice of sport, but without direct cause of the same, for a minimum amount of 1.803,04€.
9. Expenses arising from the purchase of orthopaedic material for the cure of a sports accident (not prevention), for a minimum amount of 70% of the retail price of the said orthopaedic material.
10. Expenses incurred in odontostomatology for injuries to the mouth caused by a sports accident. These expenses will be covered up to 240,40€.
11. To participate in the race it is compulsory to run with a chip, which will be handed out when collecting the race bib. The bib numbers will be clearly visible on the front of the t-shirt during the entire race.
12. Medical assistance in the centres or doctors in all the provinces of the national territory.
13. Free choice of centres and doctors throughout Spain.
Non-accidental injuries are not covered, such as, among others, the following:
- Non-traumatic tendinitis.
- Contractures, muscle pulls, overexertion.
- Degenerative injuries.
- Degenerative, pre-existing, chronic pathologies and injuries, non-traumatic tendinitis, gonalgia or pain without traumatic origin (back pain, both knees, overexertion).
In general, all injuries that do not have a traumatic origin.
- Costs of rehabilitation at home.
- Expenses for the purchase of orthoses.
- Out-patient pharmacy expenses.
Registering for the race implies acceptance of these regulations. The organization will decide on any incident that is not foreseen according to the long-distance running regulations of the Federació Catalana d'Atletisme (http://www.fcatletisme.cat/Ruta) as well as the IAAF regulations.
The categories are as follows:
- Under-23: 18-22 years old
- Senior: 23-34 years old
- Master 35: 35-39 years old
- Master 40: 40-44 years old
- Master 45: 45-49 years old
- Master 50: 50-54 years
- Master 55: 55-59 years
- Master 60: 60-64 years
- Master 65: 65-69 years
- Master 70: 70-74 years
- Master 75: 75 and over