Latest news
Entries by date

La Mitja Marató de Barcelona doesn't stop growing


The 23rd edition of the race of Barcelona shows, to one month of its celebration, a growth of participation of approximately 10% in relation to the edition 2012, and it already has more than 9.000 participants. The sports brand Kalenji turns into the new sports sponsor of the race.
A total of 9.032 runners have already registered for the next edition of la Mitja Marató de Barcelona, which will take place on February 17. This amount represents, today, an approximate growth of 10% in relation to the last edition, fact that predicts that the race can reach a new record of participation.
The feminine presence in the race increases its participation and represents a fourth part of the total of participants. In relation to the origin of the runners, 30% are foreigners, increasing this way the non Spanish runners. Of the remaining 70%, more than the half, they are Catalan runners.
Kalenji bets for la Mitja Marató de Barcelona and reaches an agreement with the organization of the race in order to be the sports sponsor. With the incorporation of the French sports brand, the race takes a step forward in the internationalization of the race, which increasingly has a higher percentage of foreign runners. Due to the growth la Mitja Marató de Barcelona has experienced in the last years, added to a good organization and the bet to have known runners in Barcelona, as the Kenyan Eliud Kipchoge in the next edition, these facts have made that Kalenji supports the race and works to place it among the elite of European half marathons.